First let me explain how the system works.
- The Vatican has a site for getting tickets online and skipping the long waits to get tickets. The lines to get tickets are very long, so it is kind of worth it. The site is here: http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do
- When you complete the purchase, you get two things: A confirmation email, and a voucher.
- With your purchase, you are able to bypass the long lines by going through the reservation or online purchase queue.
- If you truly choose to purchase the tickets, you’ll need the voucher. But if you want to follow this hack, you only need the confirmation email. Keep in mind the Vatican gets about 4 million visitors per day, so ANY confirmation email will get you past the long wait. You can use this one:
Voucher di prenotazione 2YXZ1Y3E0000007YI – Booking Voucher 2YXZ1Y3E0000007YI
Voucher di prenotazione 2YXZ1Y3E0000007YI
La prenotazione 2YXZ1Y3E0000007YI e’ stata completata.
L’allegato presente in questa e-mail e’ il voucher di prenotazione che dovra’ presentare il giorno della visita.
La presente e-mail e’ stata generata automaticamente: si prega di non utilizzare questo indirizzo di posta.
Booking Voucher 2YXZ1Y3E0000007YI
Booking n. 2YXZ1Y3E0000007YI has been completed.
The attachment present in this e-mail is the booking voucher that has to be presented on the day of the visit.
The present e-mail has been automatically generated: please do not use this e-mail address.
- The hack is this; use the email above to bypass the long queue by claiming that you purchased tickets online. The gurards do not scan your voucher, they simply check for the email. That’s all. They will let you through and allow you to enter. Once you enter, you are like everyone else, with and without tickets. If you have a voucher you can claim your tickets, or if you are following this hack, you can go to the tickets queue at the top of the stairs.
Depending on how many people are in your party, you could save a ton (4 euros per ticket) and you still get to skip the waiting lines.